Questions to Ask :
• How many years
have your wedding caterer been in business?
• What percentage of your wedding caterer business is dedicated
• Does your wedding caterer have liability insurance?
• Is your wedding caterer licensed to serve alcohol?
• When does your wedding caterer require the final head-count?
• What is the ratio of servers to guests for your wedding
• How much gratuity does your wedding caterer expect?
• What is the cake-cutting fee of your wedding caterer?
• What is your wedding caterer bartending fee?
• What is your wedding caterer fee to clean up after the
• What is your wedding caterer payment/cancellation policy?
to Ask Wedding Caterer :
• What type of food items do you recommend for my budget and number
• What type of service, sit-down dinner or buffet, would be best?
• Discuss menu selections, ask the cost per person.
• Do you provide linens? Is there an additional fee?
• Is there a color selection?
• Do you supply glasses, plates and silverware?
• Is there an additional charge?
• Do you handle all rental equipment such as tables, chairs, serving
• Would it cost less if I handle the rentals myself?
• How much time will you need to set up?
• Can we go over the table locations and seating arrangements ahead
• Do you handle clean up? Rental returns?
• Will you personally handle and attend my reception?
• If not, what is the name of the person who will?
• Do you make arrangements for flowers, decorations, and music?
• Do you provide the wedding cake?
• If not, is there a cake cutting fee?
• Do you charge extra to pour coffee?
• Will you provide the groom's cake, if we want one?
• Do you provide the liquor?
• What is the per drink cost?
• Is it cheaper if we provide our own liquor?
• Do you charge a corkage fee per bottle if we provide our own wine
• Do you require a guaranteed number of guests?
• What is the latest date I can give you a final guest count?
• Do you have a contract?
• When will you provide the final per person cost?
• What is the payment policy?
• What is the deposit to hold the date?
• What is your refund or cancellation policy?
• Are gratuities already figured in the total price?
• If so, what percent is being charged?
• Do you provide food for the photographer, videographer or
• Is this an extra per person fee?
• Will you pack a to-go snack for the bride and groom?
• Will you pack the top tier of the wedding cake?